Diploma Programme: Grades 11 – 12
The school is enrolling students from Pre K to Grade 10 and will grow to Grade 12, as the years progress.
Dwight School Dubai is a candidate school* for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme and pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy - a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision.** The school is enrolling students from Pre K to Grade 10 and will grow to Grade 12 as the years progress.
The IB Diploma Programme (DP), which the school aims to offer from the academic year 2020/21, provides a framework for academic rigor and innovation that encourages students to challenge themselves, and to apply their broad range and depth of knowledge in the real world. The DP is highly regarded by leading colleges and universities worldwide for its challenging curriculum and for predicting student success in higher education. DP graduates qualify for college credit at most US colleges and universities.
Dwight teachers will inspire DP students to tap into their critical-thinking skills and personal passions to focus on one area for in-depth study in Dwight's tradition of personalized learning.
The Diploma Programme is designed to:
- Engage students in a broad range of subjects, including several at a higher level and of their own choosing, ranging from experimental sciences and mathematics, to the arts, economics and finance, film, technology and languages.
- Introduce students to philosophy through the compulsory IB Theory of Knowledge course, where they explore the nature of knowledge and are challenged to reflect critically on diverse aspects.
- Encourage students to explore the arts and creative thinking, physical activity, and community service through CAS (Creativity, Action, and Service) requirements on a journey of self-discovery.
- Engage students in independent research through in-depth study and writing an extended essay.
- Emphasize the development of the whole student intellectually, emotionally, physically, and ethically.
- In every grade, we embrace the IB mission and the IB Learner Profile, which encourages students to be: knowledgeable, inquirers, principled, thinkers, open-minded, communicators, balanced, risk-takers, caring, and reflective.
*Only schools authorized by the International Baccalaureate can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org
**Mission Statement from the IB The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.