Diploma Programme: Grades 11 – 12
The school will enroll students from PreKG – Grade 9 in its first year of operations with the intention to grow to Grade 12, as the years progress.
Dwight School Dubai is a candidate school for both the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP). The school aims to offer the continuum of education as an IB World School, and is therefore already in process of pursuing candidacy status for the IB Diploma Programme (DP). The school will enroll students from PreK - Grade 9 in its first year of operations with the intention to add year by year to Grade 12 pending IB authorization for the IB Diploma Programme.
The IB Diploma Programme (DP), which the school aims to offer from the academic year 2020/21, provides a framework for academic rigor and innovation that encourages students to challenge themselves, and to apply their broad range and depth of knowledge in the real world. The DP is highly regarded by leading colleges and universities worldwide for its challenging curriculum and for predicting student success in higher education. DP graduates qualify for college credit at most US colleges and universities.
Dwight teachers will inspire DP students to tap into their critical-thinking skills and personal passions to focus on one area for in-depth study in Dwight's tradition of personalized learning.
The Diploma Programme is designed to:
- Engage students in a broad range of subjects, including several at a higher level and of their own choosing, ranging from experimental sciences and mathematics, to the arts, economics and finance, film, technology and languages.
- Introduce students to philosophy through the compulsory IB Theory of Knowledge course, where they explore the nature of knowledge and are challenged to reflect critically on diverse aspects.
- Encourage students to explore the arts and creative thinking, physical activity, and community service through CAS (Creativity, Action, and Service) requirements on a journey of self-discovery.
- Engage students in independent research through in-depth study and writing an extended essay.
- Emphasize the development of the whole student intellectually, emotionally, physically, and ethically.
- In every grade, we embrace the IB mission and the IB Learner Profile, which encourages students to be: knowledgeable, inquirers, principled, thinkers, open-minded, communicators, balanced, risk-takers, caring, and reflective.
- Empower students to be entrepreneurial innovators.